Apply for a Grant :: Overview
The foundation’s interests include programs making valuable contributions in the following fields:
- Environment and Health
ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH PROGRAM PRIORITIES
To promote the long-term good health and viability of communities and regions
- by supporting programs to prevent harm to human health from toxic substances and other environmental hazards;
- by encouraging planning and development at the regional level, aimed at integrating economic and social goals with sound environmental policies; and
- by supporting initiatives for sustainability in agriculture and food systems.
MUSIC PROGRAM PRIORITIES
To encourage the playing, enjoyment and accessibility of symphonic and chamber music
- by providing scholarship and program assistance at selected community music centers, schools and institutes; and
- by helping community-based ensembles of demonstrated quality implement artistic initiatives, diversify and increase audiences, and improve fund-raising capacity.
EDUCATION PROGRAM PRIORITIES
To provide environmental and arts education opportunities to children and youth
- by supporting programs for educators and artists to improve and apply their teaching skills in these subjects; and
- by supporting efforts to advance environmental and arts education programs.
Special Project grants are recommended for funding by trustees of the foundation and typically fall outside the foundation’s program guidelines. Special Project grants cannot be applied for by the grantee organization.